I got my start in design while interning at a company that had a need for a motion graphics designer. I was intrigued by the complexity of design software and what it could achieve, and in a few years, I was the lead motion graphics designer on a network TV show.
Now, I’m a multidisciplinary designer with over six years of experience. I focus on creating useful, usable, and engaging experiences for users in the realm of the digital world. I've worked for a variety of companies where I've created engaging interfaces and experiences.
I enjoy gaining insight into users and basing my designs on user needs. At the same time, I pay close attention to the needs of businesses and stakeholders. I also love visual design that complements the framework of user experience design.
Dark Matter Design LLC (Owner) January 2017 – Present
- Creator of web shows like The Infographics Show and Fuzzy & Nutz
- Managing teams of over 40 freelancers to develop over 2 hours of animated content per week.
Lattice Engines (Senior User Interface Designer) August 2016 – September 2017
ZipEdTech, LLC (Motion / UI / UX Designer) June 2015 – July 2016
- Provide UX/UI Design for courses in collaboration with the Course Development team. Involved in every stage of the creative process, from conceptualization to delivery.
- Develop visually compelling graphics that meet aesthetic requirements. Types of graphics include 2D infographics, as well as graphic elements for videos and interactives.
- Create digital and print marketing collateral. Deliverables include: graphic components for websites/LMS, high impact PowerPoint presentations, and “Explainer” videos.
BiteSize TV / Media General (Lead Motion Graphics Designer & Visual Designer) June 2010 – June 2015
- Managed the design team and oversaw all visual design projects.
- Designed daily motion graphics, including story assets, bumpers, lower-thirds, promotional reels, advance chroma keying, compositing, special effects, and animated typography.
- Post production editing, live editing, producing, scheduling, creating new show formats.
The Infographics Show (Motion Graphics Designer & Producer) 2012 – 2015
- Produced and designed video infographics (explainer videos).
TorrentFreak.com (Producer) 2008 – 2011
- Produced, wrote, directed, and designed a bi-weekly video podcast.
SuprNova.org (Founder) 2002 – 2004
- Founded largest BitTorrent indexing website (at the time).
- Managed 80 individuals involved in coding and moderating the website and forums.
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premier Pro
HTML & CSS
User Experience Design
General Assembly 2015
User Experience Design, Santa Monica, CA
Academy of Art University 2007 – 2011
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Motion Pictures & Television, San Francisco, CA